QuickTime Alternative 1.76 final
QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt, .3gp and other extensions) in Windows Media Player without having to install the official QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages.
As a bonus, Internet Explorer will play all QuickTime movies that are embedded in a webpage. You do need a media player that is capable of playing QuickTime files. The included Media Player Classic supports it and works very well. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Netscape and Mozilla. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR.
Some advantages compared to QuickTime player :
- Quick and easy install
- It's easy to make an unattended installation
- No background processes
- Use a player of your own choice
- Low on resources
- Smaller size
Features of QuickTime Alternative 1.76 :
- Media Player Classic [version 22.214.171.124 rev 611]: this is a full-featured player which has internal decoding support for DVD, MPEG-2, MP3, MP2, AAC, AC3 and DTS. It also has internal support for opening Matroska and Ogg containers. Media Player Classic is also capable of playing QuickTime and RealMedia content if those codecs are installed.
- QuickTime Codecs [version 126.96.36.199]: required for playing QuickTime content.
- QuickTime DirectShow filter: allows you to play QuickTime content in all DirectShow enabled players.
Without this filter QuickTime content can only be played in Media Player Classic.
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage. It is installed together with the QuickTime codecs.
- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape: allows you to view QuickTime content that is embedded in a webpage.
- Extra plugins for QuickTime: plugins for viewing some special formats that are sometimes used on webpages.
- CoreAVC: is an external filter for Media Player classic
- CoreAAC: is an AAC DirectShow filter decoder based on FAAD2.
Features of QuickTime Alternative Lite 1.76 :
- QuickTime Codecs [version 188.8.131.52]
- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer
- QuickTime plugin for Opera/Mozilla/Netscape
- Extra plugins for QuickTime
- DirectShow MOV parser
- DirectShow QuickTime decoder wrapper
The only difference between the regular and lite versions is that the lite version does not include Media Player Classic.
Changes in QuickTime Alternative 1.76 :
- Updated QuickTime components to version 184.108.40.206
- Minor changes
Good Luck ! ! !